Inviting Expression of Interest to conduct External Evaluation of Community Partnerships
Inviting Expression of Interest to conduct External Evaluation of Community Partnerships: Modeling a rights-based approach to addressing young people’s sexual and reproductive health and rights
The Community Partnerships Project is a DFID funded project implemented by CINI in 12 districts [6 districts in each state] of West Bengal and Jharkhand states of India, with technical support provided by Interact Worldwide-UK. The Community Partnerships Project aims to improve the SRH&Rs of Children and Young People (C&YP) (10-24 years of age) in West Bengal and Jharkhand in line with the Government of India’s 10th National 5 Year plan to focus on providing quality health services and ensuring access to information for C&YP and contributing to MDGs 3, 5, and 6 and the ICPD Programme of Action. The project will do this through empowering vulnerable C&YP (VC&YP) (10-24) in selected districts of West Bengal and Jharkhand to know, promote and enact their Sexual and Reproductive Rights, including with regard to HIV/AIDS and gender.
The purpose of the project is:To empower vulnerable children and young people (VC&YP) (10-24) in selected districts of West Bengal and Jharkhand to know, promote and enact their SRR, including with regard to HIV/AIDS and gender.
The five main outputs that will contribute to achievement of the project’s purpose are:
• Empowerment of VC&YP enabling them to demand their right to access a comprehensive range of confidential, safe and reliable SRH information, services and products
• Increased capacity of VC&YP and the community to monitor support and sustain the provision of YFS at the local level.
• Improved enabling environment locally and at the district/state level through increased linkages between marginalised VC&YP (including SC/STs)and decision makers, contributing to their meaningful involvement in SRH&R policy and practice
• Strengthened health systems including the development of PPPs in line with the RCH II programme (2004-09), for sustainable provision of YFS in the government, voluntary and private sectors.
• Increased capacity of partners and key allies through institutionalisation of a rights based approach to support young people’s sexual and reproductive health and rights/well being, including in relation to HIV.
Interested agencies are encouraged to respond to this advertisement detailing the technical and financial components of the proposal. The proposal must contain the following information:
• Background of the agency and previous experiences in conducting external evaluation of health related projects, specially focused on sexual reproductive health including geographical area
• Experience of carrying out External Evaluation especially DFID funded projects
• Suggested study design
• Team structure and competencies
• Tentative work plan and timeline (including responsibilities and deliverables of each team member and the expected time for completion of assigned tasks)
• Total costs including fees and estimated expenses for undertaking the assignment including the production and submission of the final report to Interact Worldwide.
Terms of Reference:
The proposal should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9th February 2012. Please mention “Community Partnerships External Evaluation” in the subject line. All applications will be treated with utmost confidentiality. Only short listed agencies shall be further contacted. For further queries, please write to the above mentioned email ID.