Seeking Proposals for undertaking End Line Survey of Promoting Rights-based Action to Improve Youth
Seeking Proposals for undertaking End Line Survey of Promoting Rights-based Action to Improve Youth & Adolescent Sexual & Reproductive Health including HIV/AIDS in India (PRAYASH)
PRAYASH is a five year initiative to advance young people’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRH&R) in 12 districts [6 districts in each state] of West Bengal and Jharkhand states of India. The project is funded by the European Union and is a partnership between Interact Worldwide, U.K., the Child In Need Institute (CINI) and Nav Bharat Jagriti Kendra (NBJK). Interact Worldwide provides technical support to the project. CINI is responsible for overall project coordination and implements the project in West Bengal. NBJK is the implementing agency in Jharkhand. The project has the following objectives:
Overall Objective: To contribute to poverty reduction through improved sexual and reproductive health status and reduced vulnerability to HIV/AIDS of Children and Young People (C&YP) (10 - 24) in West Bengal and Jharkhand, in line with the Government of India’s 10th Five Year Plan (2002 - 2007); the National AIDS Control Project (NACP) II 1999 - 2006 and the Reproductive and Child Health Programme (RCH) II (2004-09)
Specific Objective: Improved SRH&R and HIV/AIDS health seeking behaviour and reduced sexual health vulnerability including in relation to gender among children and young people (10-24 years) in 12 districts of West Bengal and Jharkhand.
1. Improved quality of and access to youth friendly sexual and reproductive health and HIV services across the prevention, care, treatment and support continuum
2. Increased knowledge, life skills and awareness of vulnerable C&YP on sexual and reproductive health and rights, including in relation to HIV and gender
3. Increased technical planning and management capacity of SRH&HIV and multi -sector NGOs, Local Government and Private Service Delivery Points in ensuring the delivery of community based, youth friendly services as identified in Indian best practice, integrating SRH & HIV programming in the target states
4. Improved enabling environment at the community level for SRH&R of C&YP through participation of vulnerable C&YP, parents, community and religious leaders in youth programmes
5. Holistic models of community based, youth friendly integrated SRH & HIV programmes with vulnerable C&YP developed, documented and disseminated and adopted for scale-up by West Bengal and Jharkhand State Governments under youth “Plans of Action”
6. Increased Capacity of CINI and NBJK to support, coordinate and implement sustainable integrated SRH&R and HIV/AIDS for C&YP.
Child In Need Institute (CINI) & Interact Worldwide invites proposals from regional/ national level agencies to undertake the End line Survey of PRAYASH project. Interested agencies are encouraged to respond to this advertisement detailing the technical and financial components of the proposal. The proposal must contain the following information:
• Agency background and prior experience in conducting End line Surveys especially of EU funded projects
• Suggested review design
• Team structure and competencies
• Tentative work plan and timeline (including responsibilities and deliverables of each team member and the expected time for completion of assigned tasks)
• Total costs including fees and estimated expenses for undertaking the assignment including the production and submission of the final report to Interact Worldwide.
Terms of Reference:
The proposal should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9th February 2012. Please mention PRAYASH End line Survey in the subject line. All applications will be treated with utmost confidentiality. Only short listed applicants shall be further contacted. For further queries, please write to the above mentioned email ID.