First Aid Box
During your travel you may require first aid hence it is important to keep a First Aid box in each of your vehicles. The following needs to be looked at while using a First Aid Box:
1) It is good to arrange a First Aid Training for all your staff and drivers in particular.
2) Top of the First Aid Box – affix a list of items in the box
3) Also keep a reference guideline for using the Kit
4) Also advisable to keep a note of the medicines and their use and quantity
5) If any medical facilities available, immediately you should take the person.
6) After giving first aid if the person is normal also you should take to a doctor available on your way.
7) Ensure that all the medicines are not expired
8) Before you travel, it is advisable to check the First Aid Box to ensure that all medicines/items in the list are in the box.
9) If you have used/lost/expired any item from the kit, you should intimate to the vehicle in-charge and also you should ensure to buy and put it in the Box immediately.
The list in the first aid box suggested by St.John Ambulance as follows:
1 First Aid Quick Reference Guide
1 Conforming Bandage 7.5cm
1 Hypo-Allergenic Tape 2.5cm x 9m
1 Triangular Bandage 110cm x 110cm - for arm/head slings
2 Pkts Gauze Swabs 7.5cm (Pkt of 3) - to dress wounds
1 Combine Pad 10cm x 20cm
2 Non-Adherent Pads 7.5cm x 7.5cm
1 Non-Adherent Pad 7.5cm x 20cm
1 Pkt Plastic Adhesive Shapes (Pkt of 25)
1 Stainless Steel Sharp/Blunt Scissors 12.5cm
1 Stainless Steel Splinter Pointed Forceps - to remove splinters from wounds
1 Emergency Shock Blanket
1 Pkt Safety Pins (Pkt of 12)
1 Notepad and Pencil
1 Pkt Disposable Towels (Pkt of 3)
1 Pair Disposable Latex Gloves Medium
In addition to the above, when you go to field – particularly interior areas, at times you may not find medical facilities hence you could always keep some medicines such as: (it is advised that you could talk to your doctor and ask what medicines should be kept in the for travel purpose, in addition to the First Aid Kit and accordingly you can put them and name and mention the purpose and dosage of that particular medicine)
- Malaria tablets
- Cold and Fever