Procurement Procedures: Whenever an organization plan to buy item(s), procedures need to be followed, some of which are given below for your reference. What are these procedures and how one should go about procuring the goods. The following steps needs to be looked at for the procurement of goods. Planning
•.Check what you are planning to buy:
•. Check what is the available budget for buying that item
•. Do the calculation as to how much money would be needed to buy the computer
•. By what date that particular item need to be installed
•. How are you going to procure – by contacts, by advertisements or by calling for three quotations.
• What you are planning to buy. As an example. If you are going to buy a
• List out specification for the computer
• Decide what brand/assembled system you are going to buy
• What is the quantity that you are planning to buy
• Find out where you are going to buy these
• Find out whether they have service back up locally Once the above is decided then on the basis of quantity you can go for
• an advertisement or contact four, five suppliers
• Send a copy of your requirement with specifications to all the suppliers and clearly mention what brand the quotation would be for.
• Also ask them to give you a list with address and phone numbers, of few customers who have purchased that particular brand from them.
• Ask them to submit the quotations by a particular date
• Ensure that the supplier has Sales Tax Registration
• Ask the supplier to send the quotations in a sealed envelope
* Once the quotations are reached, a date is fixed for the purchasing committee (see separate article) to sit and open the tenders/quotations and start the bidding
exercise and negotiations.