Governing Body/Executive Committee
Governing Body and Executive Body Meetings: Though organizations do constitute and have Executive Committee/Governing Body and General Body meetings, it is important that the following need to be kept in mind.
Constitution of Governing/Executive Body(GB/EB)
• Ensure that adequate women's representation is there
• More than one member of immediate relatives should not be there
• The EB meetings should take place at least twice a year
• Reconstitute the EB every two years
Minutes Book: Minutes book should be pre-numbered and this should be certified by the Chief Functionary/President/Chairperson.
Resolution should be passed and documented in the Minutes Book for any decisions taken in the E.B. i.e. deciding to take funds from XYZ organization , or planning to change the area of operation or planning to open or close a Bank account etc.
• The minutes should be signed by all the participating member and should be ratified in the next meeting.
• Corrections should not be made to the minutes signed by the members. For any modifications that should be done only in the next meeting and that should be signed by all the concerned.
• Any major decisions taken, should be intimated to funding agency(ies) concerned and also intimate the same to the Registering Authorities i.e. Registratrar of Societies/ Commissioner of Companies Act and even the Ministry of Home Affairs for FCRA purpose..
• In case there are plans to change the F.C. Bank Account a resolution needs to be passed and a copy of resolution should be sent to MHA (Ministry of Home Affairs) alongwith a copy of the FCR Registration granted to the organisation. The change to the Account can only be done on getting written approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs. On getting the written permission, a copy needs to be sent to the funding agency intimating the change in the F.C. Bank A/C
• In case of change in the Executive Body of more than 50 members a resolution needs to be passed and alongwith a copy of the Resolution, this need to be intimated to the Ministry of Home Affairs, Registrar of Societies/ Companies Act and a copy to the funding agencies from whom the concerned organisation receiving funds.