Registration of Visitors from Other Countries
Registration of Visitors from Other Countries:
At times visitors - members from donor agencies, or ngo members, volunteers – from other countries visit NGOs/INGOs. These visits could be to understand the project work, know about the area of operation or also to take up some short-time assignments or to work as volunteers.
These visits could also be exchange visits, even some educational institutes sponsor their students as interns to gain grass root level knowledge of the subject they are interested in.
Before their visit get details such as:
• Area they plan to visit
• The details of the people and organisations they are going to meet
• Any other useful information.
Once you have the above information:
• Talk to your team members about the visit
• Talk to the staff in the field where these visitors planning to visit
• Find out security concerns if any.
• Talk to the district officials about this visit and also send them hardcopies alongwith plan of their visit. If possible get approval.
• Communicate to the visitors if everything is OK or if any more information is needed
• Get photocopies of the visitors passport, work permit/internship documents etc. about the purpose of these visitors
• Register with the concerned officials at Foreigners Registration Cell
• Inform the Police along with the details.
• Have meeting with all the concerned staff members
• Inform the visitors about the culture and restrictions in the field and project area, taking of photographs etc.
• Ensure that you have the contact phone numbers of the visitors and also their home/office contact details.
• Ensure that their accommodation is arranged at a safe place and a local staff member should always be accompanying them.
• Ensure that they completed all the formalities with the authorities, wherever needed.