Caplan Early Childhood Grants Apply
The Caplan Foundation for Early Childhood has a two-step funding application process that includes both a letter of inquiry (LOI) and a full proposal. We invite full proposals only after reviewing letters of inquiry. We only fund programs that fit our program guidelines.
Letters of Inquiry will be accepted through July 31, 2015 for funding in 2015. Letters of Inquiry will be accepted again from October 1, 2015 through December 31, 2015 for 2016 funding. Applicants must submit letters of inquiry through the contact form that appears when clicking the Submit Your Application button below. Once a letter of inquiry is received by the Foundation, the Trustees will determine if the proposed program fits the Foundation’s funding guidelines. The Trustees will respond to letters of inquiry within 60 days. Successful applicants will be invited via email to submit full proposals.
Each letter of inquiry should include the following information:
- The organization’s official name, website address and contact information
- A brief (250 word maximum) summary of the organization’s mission and recent program history
- The organization’s 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt Status letter from IRS and its’ Federal Tax ID#
- The total amount of the organization’s annual budget
- The total amount of the proposed program budget
- An indication of the amount and type of support being requested from all sources
- A narrative description (1,000 words or less) of the issue(s) or need(s) to be addressed by the proposal, the work to be performed and the anticipated outcome.
- A description of how the proposal fits the Foundation’s program guidelines.