NED Grants 2017
Funds for NGOs Last date 20 Jan 2017
Each year the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) makes direct grants to hundreds of nongovernmental organizations worldwide working to advance democratic goals and strengthen democratic institutions.
In 2012, NED funded about 1236 projects in 92 countries around the world. Grant amounts vary depending on the size and scope of the projects, but the average grant lasts 12 months and is around $50,000.
NED is interested in proposals from local, independent organizations for nonpartisan programs that seek to:
- Promote and defend human rights and the rule of law
- Support freedom of information and independent media
- Strengthen democratic ideas and values
- Promote accountability and transparency
- Strengthen civil society organizations
- Strengthen democratic political processes and institutions
- Promote civic education
- Support democratic conflict resolution
- Promote freedom of association
- Strengthen a broad-based market economy
All proposed projects must be consistent with NED’s general purposes as outlined in the NED STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES AND OBJECTIVES.
How Funding Decisions are made: Decisions are made on a quarterly basis by the NED Board of Directors. The Board considers the following factors:
- how a program fits within the Endowment’s overall priorities,
- its relevance to specific needs and conditions in a particular country,
- the democratic commitment and experience of the applicant.
Open Society Foundation Advocacy Grants for Roma Initiative (Roma & EU Funds)
Motorola Solutions Foundation Grants
National Geographic Society - Grants Program
MeHAFs Meeting Support Grants
MEHAF Discretionary Grants
International Children Peace Prize 2017
John Templeton Foundation Grants
West Africa Researech Association Travel Grants
NED Grants 2017
Sud Expert Plantes Développement Durable 2016 Call for Applications for Support Grants
Applications Invited for ICATCH Grants
Japan Fund for Global Environment (JFGE) - 2017