Operations Consultant, Tegucigalpa, Honduras
UN Children’s Fund
Last dte to pply: 31 Jul 2017
Assignment Title : Operations Assistant
Location: Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Duration: Two months
Start date: As soon as possible (negotiable)
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Under the guidance of the Representative, the Operations consultant will provide high quality expert support and transfer of knowledge in order to ensure effective and efficient operations in the Country Office.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
1. Provides capacity building on operations to Operations staff
Interpretation and application of financial, administrative, human resources, ICT, supply and budget rules, policies and procedures.
Provide guidance on monitoring the CO key managements indicators, including dashboards and generating reports in order to take the appropriate actions.
Advises on monthly and year end closure accounts and clearance of open items.
Advises and provides support in conducting supply procurement.
2. Contributes to the streamlining of the work processes
Reviews and updates the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Proposes simplified processes and prepares the process flow diagram for the main activities: Direct Cash Transfers (DCTs), travel, individual and institutional contracts, supplies and PCAs.
Establishment of check lists for the main operations.
Updates the Administrative and Financial Instructive for Implementing Partners in close coordination with the Deputy Representative and other members of the Country Management Team (CMT).
3. Provides training and guidance to personnel and Implementing Partners
Organizes training sessions to enhance comprehension and compliance with UNICEF rules, regulations and procedures.
Discuss with the personnel the updated SOPs, check lists and process flow diagrams.
Provides orientation to partner on the updated Administrative and Financial Instructive and preparation and submission of FACE forms.
4. Provides support in the preparation for audit
Revises the Table of Authorities. Advises on corrective measures to be taken and establish relevant internal controls.
Review the use of petty cash and the monthly cash forecast.
Verifies that the supporting documentation for the different processes is accurate, complete and uploaded in VISION.
Prepares a report on issues related to CO performance and management within the scope of the operations functions, detecting possible risks and proposing mitigations actions.
1. Training to of operations and programme staff pertaining to UNICEF’s rules, regulations and procedures (3 training sessions conducted)
2. Training and guidance to partners to help them to prepare and submit reports that meet agreed RBM standards, including provision of updates on indicators and comparative analysis of actual against planned results (2 training sessions conducted)
3. SOPs, Check lists, process flow diagrams and Administrative and Financial Instructive for Implementing Partners updated according to the last guidelines and the UNICEF rules, regulations and procedures.
4. Final report including findings and recommendations related to the enhancement of the operational and programme support for the implementation of the Programme of Cooperation in Honduras. Action plan for the CO to implement the recommendations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
Advanced university degree in Administration, Finance, Management or social sciences fields relevant to operational management of development programmes.
A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience, at the national and international levels in programme/project management of financial, human and material resources.
Knowledge of UNICEF’s rules, regulations, policies and procedures in the operational areas: finance, administration, supplies & logistics, human resources.
Familiarity with UNICEF’s ERP (VISION) is an asset.
Former/retired UNICEF Staff is an asset.
Fluency in English and Spanish required (verbal and written).
Education (level and relevance): 10%
Relevant Work Experience (duration and quality): 30%
Proposed Methodology and Approach: 20% (Proposed work plan and approach of implementation of the tasks as per the ToR)
Financial proposal: 40%
HOW TO APPLY:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=505885