Job Title: Strategic Communications Director
Locations: Offices in Asia (India and Philippines), Africa (Kenya, Senegal, South Africa and Zambia),
and the U.S. (San Francisco)
We are seeking a dynamic leader who is passionate about creating social change. Ideal candidates possess exceptional leadership and communication skills, and thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, international setting. IDinsight is rapidly expanding, and effective global communication is essential to achieve our objective
of transforming social sector practice worldwide.
About IDinsight:IDinsight designs, deploys, and promotes evidence-generating tools that help people eliminate poverty
worldwide. We tailor gold-standard methodologies to practitioner needs and enable continuous
improvement by using the right tools at the right time. We serve governments, foundations, NGOs, and
socially-impactful businesses across many sectors including health, education, agriculture, governance,
financial inclusion, energy, and sanitation. IDinsight is a pioneer in using rigorous data to drive development
decisions, with recognition from Forbes, Foreign Policy Magazine, PopTech, and Echoing Green, among
Visit www.IDinsight.org for more information.
About the Strategic Communications Director Position
The Director will design, execute and continuously improve IDinsight’s global communications strategy to
amplify IDinsight’s impact within and beyond our direct client work. Reporting to a Founding Partner and
overseeing our Global Communications Team, the Director will define and drive IDinsight’s communication
strategy to mainstream our approach throughout the social sector. Expected responsibilities include:
• Designing and implementing a global, sector-wide influencer strategy to promote IDinsight-generated
best-practice recommendations that will improve development practice and, in turn, lives worldwide.
• Equipping, training and preparing IDinsight leadership (CEO, COO and other select individuals) to
effectively communicate IDinsight perspectives across multiple channels and audiences.
• Overseeing the global communications team to develop and disseminate content through all
appropriate external and internal channels (website, public blog, internal blog, newsletters public venues,
white papers, traditional media, social media, etc.).
• Actively managing and coaching more junior members of the team.
Desired characteristics include:
• A deep-seated servant-leader mentality with passion to serve the poorest of the poor
• A robust, multi-faceted track record of success (10+ years) in the communications arena.
• Exceptionally strong leadership and interpersonal capabilities to mentor and inspire a talented,
geographically dispersed team.
• International experience and familiarity with the global international development / social sector arena,
preferably including a period of living a low- or middle-income country.
• A flexible, can-do attitude to help lead a cutting-edge organization undergoing rapid change.
• Quantitatively adept to appreciate IDinsight’s mission and track performance metrics to continuously
improve our communications efforts.
This is a Partner-track position, with promotion determined by performance, not time or seniority. We are
committed to investing in outstanding professionals who will become the backbone of our organization for years
Nuts and Bolts
Preferred location is San Francisco (to co-locate with our CEO) but there is flexibility to be located elsewhere
(preferably another IDinsight office) if needed. Compensation will be appropriate for one’s experience and
IDinsight’s service mission. Start dates are flexible but with a preference for sooner. A two-year commitment is
Please complete this application form, which also requires a CV and cover letter. Applications are rolling and
considered as they are submitted. Note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.