Dubai Cares is playing a key role in helping achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 4, which aims to ensure inclusive and quality education for all and promote lifelong learning by 2030, by supporting programs in early childhood development, access to quality primary and secondary education, technical and vocational education and training for youth as well as a particular focus on education in emergencies and protracted crises.
Dubai Cares – funds for NGOs and other organisations
Dubai Cares also funds research-oriented programs and establishes pilot initiatives that provide meaningful and valuable evidence for governments, policymakers, and civil society, to support them in defining an educational framework for the future.
Dubai Cares’ fundings are not awarded on a case-by-case basis. Rather, to be considered for funding, proposals should be consistent with Dubai Cares annual programming and approved list of intervention countries. While proposals are assessed throughout the year, only during the last quarter are the new programs for the upcoming year finalized and approved.
Since its establishment in 2007, Dubai Cares has worked with numerous organizations with different capacities and thematic expertise. Consistent among all of them are the following, but not limited to, organizational criteria:
- Non-Governmental Organizations; multilateral
- Focus on primary education interventions; gender inclusion in schools
- Minimum five years of experience in field implementation within the proposed country
- Maintain partnerships and associations with more than one donor organization
- Maintain audited financial statements; annual reports
- Institutionalize yearly budgeting; cash flows
- Structurally established with unwavering by-laws
- Limit of no more than 7% of donations for overhead; ICR
In order for us to conduct a thorough and fair assessment for partnerships with Dubai Cares, interested organizations should follow the process below:
- Provide general information on the organization, its mission, scope of work, operations and governance
- Submit previous years’ annual and audit reports
- Submit reports and assessments regarding previous or ongoing programs related to primary education
- Provide concept notes (3-4 pages) for projects that the organization would like Dubai Cares to consider
The information above should be sent via email to email@example.com